Xtheater development status
This page describes the current state of xtheater development for those
wondering what I am up to. When I put the code in cvs, it will explain the
state of that code compared to the released version. Let's hope I can keep it
The next planned release of Xtheater is 0.9.0:
- Plugin Loader
- Player plugins now have access to top level functions.
- Added functions for retrieval and activation of player plugin specific
- Added much better error reporting routines, including plugin function for
reporting error string and giving UI acess to this string.
- Addition of function to report wheteher or not a player plugin is in the
- Restructured internal workings of settings and added write to disk function.
- SMPEG Plugin
- Added support for player settings, including configuration for double
buffering and hardware surface, in addition to new features below.
- OpenGL fullscreen and windowed modes using hardware stretching and filtering
- Support for software based bilinear filter on software renderer.
- Software renderer playback window now resizable and will scale plyaback
- Added support for supplying string error messages to loader.
- Audio support no longer required to play back files.
- GTK UI Plugin
- Implemented loop in frontend, paving way for playlists in future..
- Added dialogs for configuration of UI and of loaded plugin
- Shortened filename display to not show full path, only filename.
- Default control size somewhat smaller, but size now fully configurable
through configuration dialog.
- SMPEG Plugin
- Add working support for resizing windowed opengl playback for hardware
- AVI/ASF Plugin
- Add code to take advantage of new loader features.
- Add OpenGL fullscreen/windowed modes to rendering options.