- Fix check for smpeg, SDL, and avifile to check for a more current version.
- Enhanced flexibility of MPG/VCD fullscreen, allowing to choose scaling
rather than a vidmode change.
- Fixed bug with smpeg plugin being run on X drivers with XVideo extension.
- Added support for XVideo extension for all player plugins, will
automatically take advantage of XVideo overlays when available for scaling,
revert to software scaler if unavailable
- made GL support with Mpeg compile if available, it is not recommended
unless you have no other choice, however.
- Updated AVI/ASF plugin to use avifile-0.6 CVS rather than stable version.
- Enhanced plugin framework somewhat.
- Made it so that MPEG media could be closed by closing the playback window.
- Fixed bug where openeing too many files sequentially would cause player
to crash (contributed by John Thacker)
- Fixed Seekbar to not update while being dragged.
- Designed for latest official stable avifile release (0.53.x)
- DPMS disabled for older XFree versions.
- Fixed drag and drop with nautilus file manager.
- Memory leak fixes by John Thacker
- Fixed a bug that caused fullscreen to not properly release and grab keyboard
- Designed for use with 0.51 of libaviplay
- Improved ./configure and build behavior
- Less annoying output with avi, asf, and vcd playback.
- Fix bug where changing the mpeg playback surface in anyway could
cause media to be stopped and rewound.
- Compilation fix for non-linux
- Fix for 'CPU HOG' bug.
- VCD seeking
- More intelligent error messages
- Moved to $PREFIX/Xtheater from $PREFIX/lib/Xtheater
- UI options dialogs for UI and plugins.
- Now use ~/.Xtheater.rc for user-specific changes.
- Resizable MPEG playback window (software scaling or GL)
- GL based windowed and fullscreen playback for MPEGs
- Software bilinear filter for mpeg playback.
- Can now play video when audio device unavailable.
- Major API changes
- Improved AVI/ASF seeking
- Loop works for all media now.
- UI stops updating when video stops.
- Handleboxes removed except for menu.
- Disable DPMS screensaver on playback.
- Updated to libaviplay 0.50
- Fixed drag and drop bug w/ KDE2.
- Build improvements.
- Stop in avi/asf plugin fixed.
- Updated to libaviplay 0.49
- Configure script fixed.
- VCD support without seek.
- URL support(mpeg ftp/http/raw)
- Double buffering.
- Config file cleaned.
- Fixed drag and drop for AVI/ASF files
- Fixed AVI/ASF bug where playback window was left open after media closed.
- Fixed build issues related to conflicts with pre-existing wine installs
- Fixed libaviplay check to give correct answer.
- Removed VCD option from menu (will put it back when implemented)
- Entries for .mpeg files added to default config file.
- Double Buffering disabled
- Added AVI/ASF plugin
- Uses avifile library (donwloadable from here or, in it's original form, from here)
- Videos are decoded using Windows DLLs (x86 only, windows nor wine required,
- Minor tweaks to smpeg plugin
- Restructured Source Tree
- Fiancee contributed icon :)
- Complete rewrite:
- Plugin Architecture for UI and playback
- Config file parsing
- Cleaner design/less bug-prone
- smpeg-based player plugin:
- Like 0.1.4, but better, adds better sync and seek, among other things.
- GTK UI:
- Better drag and drop (KDE2, Gnome, EFM, Netscape tested)
- Reconfig on the fly based on context of playback.
- New buttons/button pixmaps
- More robust error handling, including dialogs.
- New autoconf/automake based install
- Integrated backend from official kmpg 0.5.4 release meaning:
- All bugfixes from kmpg are included
- More MMX assembler routines for x86 processors (16 bpp and 32 bpp playback)
- Change executable name from Xtheater to xtheater
- Removed SMPEG support (still maintained in 0.1.x tree)
- Restructured internals of Mixer a bit, add mute back and made it more
- Added 0.2.x tear-away capability to 0.1.3.
- Added 0.2.x drag and drop capability
- Made audio files play
- Added configure Script
- Backend improvements in speed and sync quality
- Seekbar no longer continuously tries to update as dragged, now user must leave
slider in one spot for a short delay before seek will occur.
- parts of smpeg interface that were not tear-away now are.
- Made most of interface "tear-away" capable.
- Fixed seekbar for Video CDs (fix not tested)
- Made Seekbar progress correctly as video plays
- Fixed " Creating pixmap from xpm with NULL window and colormap" bug
- Made the go to end button work under newer backend.
- Updated Docs to 2000, Changed archived directory to Xtheater-0.2.3
- Added gtk drag and drop support (Accept drops from gtk, i.e. gmc)
- Added option for playing VCDS (not tested, and not enabled with smpeg)
- Added option for playing http streams (not enabled with smpeg)
- Fixed compilation to work in more build enviornments
- Added some speedups and improved sync to kmpg engine build.
- Added Volume control to the kmpg engine build.
- Made seekbar a bit more sane, stops and rewinds more appropriately.
- Fixed many segfaults concerning opening files, seeking.
- Fixed windows staying open even after media has been closed.
- Made some kmpg output only occur when compiled with DEBUG defined.
- Added backend provided by Martin Vogt and made it default backend
- smpeg and SDL now OPTIONAL for compilation
- Added seek functionality with new backend
- kmpg backend version lacks:
- loop playback
- mouse hiding
- volume control (at the moment)
- If you desire this functionality and are willing to sacrifice the
better sync and seek for them, the smpeg version still is here, see
- Updated CREDITS, INSTALL, Makefiles
- Many new and interesting bugs, see BUGS file
- Updated to SDL 1.0.2, probably requires it now.
- No longer a need for root permissions to fullscreen.
- Playback window now gets the filename as a titlebar entry
- Mouse now hidden while over play window.
- Volume Slider added
- Updated Status of fullscreen bug in BUGS
- Added make install/uninstall to makefile
- Updated INSTALL file
- Reworked most of gtkui.c to depend more heavily upon backend.c,
backend.c got much more meat to it, more modularized,
playback of media now abstracted further from UI routines
- Made all top-row buttons into Pixmaps.
- Fixed bugs that involved loading of multple media files.
- Fixed many segmentation faults.
- Updated About box, Changed File/Close to be more sane
- Added File/Exit to serve purpose that File/Close used to
- Added FPS and Current Frame displays.
- Changed Filename display to conserve more space and update better.
- Ditched Old, stupid Changelog information in public releases.
- Added sane dependencies for object files, renamed some files
0.1.0 - Initial Publicly announced release
- Re-attached ctrl-c to work properly.
- Now compiles independent of location of source tree.
- Requires smpeg-0.3.1.
- Fixed mute to not knock audio WAY out of sync.